Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Favorite End of the Year Activities


The Favorite Things Linky is a great way to share your 3 favorite anythings! Grab the template and button and link up below! If this is your first time linking up, check out our Linky Parties page for more details!
We only have 14 days of school left!! Wahoo! My students (and me too) are getting very excited. Today I am going to share all about my favorite end of the year activities! What do you like to do at the end of every year?


On the last day of school, I take about 15 minutes to do a quick share activity with my class. We circle up and they each get to share something that was their favorite for the year. It ends up being a ginormous LAUGHING fest. We giggle for the entire 15 minutes. The only rule that I have... we can't make fun of someone. They keep it kind and we have a great time with it!! Can't wait to hear what my kiddos share this year!


I take LOTS of pictures all year long. Like in the THOUSANDS. I love too see how my kiddos grow and develop! Looking back at pictures from the beginning of the year reminds us how far we have come. I go through and pick a couple hundred photos and stick them in iMovie with a few songs and BOOM. Done. Quick class DVD. I make a copy for all of my students. I love watching the DVD with my kiddos on the last day of school!

One day during the last week of school, I have students write one last letter. I have them write a letter to the next year fourth graders. I tell them to write about what their favorite thing to learn, what they struggled with the most, how fourth grade is different from third grade, why they are excited to go to fifth grade and any advice they have for them. They brainstorm and then start drafting their letter. It is always interesting to see what they share. I place these letters on my new fourth graders desks on the first day of school the next year! Makes for a fun way to start the day in the fall. It leads into a quick conversation about what they are most nervous/excited about!!

Are you ready for the end of the school year?! I hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you!! Link up below with some of your favorite things.




4 comments:

  1. It's always fun to read the letters students write to the next year's class isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a laughing fest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a DVD last year. This is was so overwhelming I didn't do nearly anything exciting. There's always next year!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)