Monday, July 28, 2014

What Are You Reading? 7/28/1

 Today I am linking up with Jen from Teach Mentor Texts for her linky, It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

On Wednesday of this week, I go back to work! I can't believe I just typed that...Seriously, where, oh, where did the summer go? In preparation for the new school year, I am currently reading some picture books to go along with a unit on mentor sentences that I will be using in ELA. (The unit can be found on TPT here. Amazing!) 
Here are some of the books that I am currently reading: 

First Day Jitters written by Julie Danneberg
Very cute book. Great for the beginning of the year!

Enemy Pie written by Derek Munson
I love this book! Very entertaining and teaches valuable lessons! I also really like the illustrations in this one! 

Countdown 'Til Daddy Comes Home written by Kristin Ayyar
This is a book that my son and I have been reading together a lot lately. Great book for younger children whose family members are in the service and will experience separation at some point. My son loves it. His daddy should be home in about a month though! 

So, now I ask, what are you reading? Please share, I would love to know!









1 comment:

  1. Great choices! I read "Enemy Pie" early in the year with my third graders - helps us talk about friendship and is a great mentor texts for a small moment story too!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)